Dentures are needed to replace teeth when there are not enough healthy teeth to support any other restorations. However, modern dentistry can create dentures for patients that look, feel and function like natural teeth. These implant-supported dentures, often referred to as "All on Four dentures", or "Immediate Placement Dentures," remain secure in the mouth and patients can avoid the embarrassment and hassle of removable dentures. Dr. Milad Saad is specifically trained to perform this procedure and all the steps involved in the process can be managed in our office.
How do Implant-Supported Dentures work
Dental implants serve the same purpose as the roots of natural teeth: anchoring the replacement teeth to your jawbone. Just like natural tooth roots, they lie under the gum line and therefore are not visible in the mouth. Only the lifelike prosthetic teeth attached to them (the fixed denture) can be seen by you or anyone else. Because dental implants are made of titanium, a metal that has the unique ability to fuse to living bone, they are extremely stable and reliable. How many implants are needed? The number varies because each individual has unique conditions: Depending on the volume and density of the bone in your jaw, you will need as few as four implants or as many as six for your new teeth to function as well as a set of healthy, natural teeth.
A digital scan is taken of your mouth so that Dr. Saad can evaluate your bone levels and create a treatment plan for you. Using a specialized computer software, a guide is made to strategically place your implants in an optimal place to support the prosthesis.
Benefits of Implant Supported Dentures
- The dental implants are incredibly strong and resilient against factors that destroy natural teeth like decay and periodontal disease
- The dental implants prevent bone loss which eliminates the need for the multiple denture re-lines with conventional dentures
- The strong bone levels preserved by the dentures will help keep your youthful appearance
- Implant supported dentures are comfortable and easy to manage
- Implant supported dentures allow you to speak and eat normally
- Implant supported dentures can be your permanent solution for missing teeth when properly maintained